What are my legal responsibilities?

Tency Music can be considered as a music producer or a record company, we can provide you with certain non-exclusive rights -typically a Master Use license- to reproduce our musical performances. However, to be in accordance with copyright laws, you must also obtain a license for the music composition. Unfortunately, we do not manage the latter on behalf of our clients.

A composition license can be obtained by contacting either your local music rights society (ASCAP, BMI or SESAC for the USA, PRS for the UK, SACEM for France etc.) and / or the publisher(s) of the individual song, depending on the form of exploitation. For example, a synchronization license if always granted directly by music publishers.

Was this information helpful?